Sunday, January 31, 2010

Overdue

Better late than never. So here I am.

I had to literally vanish from blogsphere. No maid. It was sort of like a relay. Morning, up at 5.30, send elder daughter to school by 7 (that included packing her bag, her lunch, her snacks....), baby wakes up before or after, thrust bottle into her mouth, no she didn't go back to sleep, she just got her energy feed to make me run around her, manage to cook the breakfast and lunch in between, clean up (can't skip that, bcoz baby walks around with her lens to pick up the tiniest speck I might have missed and put in her mouth), give baby her bath (she hates to come out of it, so there's a struggle there as well!), have breakfast, pack lunch, take a bath, get dressed, drive down to mom's place which is close by, drop-off parcel (baby!), rush to work swearing at the I'm-not-in-a-hurry type of drivers who won't let you pass (it would already be past 10 am by then, and my work hours are supposed to start at 9.30 am), a pile of work waiting for me, only time seemed to pass, the work list only got bigger, at the fag end of the day - work followed me out of the door, the drive down to mom's place, pick up both daughters, drive down home, no it doesn't end there, there's dinner to cook, eat, clean up, get things ready for the next day, phew! It was a marathon. And I'm glad it has ended.

We got a maid yday. So far so good. A bit hard of hearing (I may have to better my sign language skills). But, she seems to be ok otherwise. She made some delicious beef curry today. God bless her. I hope the baby takes to her.

The other long overdue story, is that of my trip to Kuwait, with family, to celebrate Xmas & New Year with my sis & family. Had a great time.


  • Sightseeing/Fun - Kuwait Towers, Entertainment City, Scientific Centre & Aquarium, Beach Side.


  • Movies - Avatar (3D) at the iMAX in 360 deg Mall, Under the Sea (3D) at the Scientific Centre, Motor Race (4D) at the Entertainment City.

  • Shopping/Window Shopping at the many Malls & Gold Souk.


  • Visiting Friends & Relatives

  • Fine Dining - At Ruby Tuesday (Continental - some yum scrum seafood delicacies, dessert and drink), Nandos (Portuguese - Mild, hot, very hot chicken & lamb delicacies), Chocolate (Yummy Chocolate Fondu & pudding), Satchi (Japanese - tried Sushi & Maki), Mc Donalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut and such restaurants. We also got to have Arabic Food (can't remember the names of the dishes, but they were good!), Thai Food (loved the Tom Yum soup), Indian Chinese Food, Kerala Food and Arabic Sweet



  • In short - A splendid holiday and a good break from our routine.

Now, looking forward to our next holiday. And hoping to get back to blogging. If time (read 'maid') permits, that is!

12 comments:

A New Beginning said...

You deserve a nice holiday oft and on...A big Hug and loads of blessing to Super Mom!!!:)

Destiny's child... said...

Welcome back!:)
We heard about the Kuwait trip so many times yet reading it on your blog was a pleasure. And I am so glad that the maid(though a bit hard of hearing) is a good one. She made nice beef curry? I hope we have the left overs for lunch today....:D

The Holy Lama said...

Welcome back RGB. And hope ne w maid stays on and baby takes to her.

RGB said...

@ A New Beginning, Thanks for the wonderful wishes. btw, I'm anything but supermom on maid-present days ;)

@ Destiny's Child, About the maid...we'll have to wait and watch if the hearing problem will indeed be a PROBLEM! Glad u liked the post inspite of hearing me ramble abt it. Yes, I've brought some sample of the beef curry for u guys :)

@ The Holy Lama, Thanks and it feels nice to be back. Don't know how long it (the feeling, I mean) will last!

Novice Writer said...

Beef curry was good! :-) Bless her!! Hope she would stay on and look after the baby well and take off your work load and let you write often @ zingthing :-)

Kavi said...

Seems like quite a lot is happening at your end !!!

Glad that you are back !

:)

Aleta said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit! Everyone should have a maid, yes! Love the delicious picture at the end :)

RGB said...

@ Kavi, Yeah and neck deep in work too! The next post will be a big effort!!

@ Aleta, yeah...enjoyed the trip. needed the break! That (last pic) was sushi & maki. I didn't think I wud like it, but it was good.

Anonymous said...

Your husband doesn't help at all? How can you be doing all that work at home alone?

Arpz said...

Ouch!! you just brought down my "im happy that im pregnant" happiness down by a couple of notches... :( I dont have a maid, and I now shudder to think about what will happen after I get a baby!

RGB said...

@Anonymous,
My husband does help in the kitchen. He likes to play 'Head Chef'. He cooks fine, but leaves the kitchen a bigger mess. So I get to do the cleaning after!

RGB said...

@Arpz,
Not to worry. Enjoy your pregnancy. It's an experience worth the 9 months. What comes after is "life" and it would mean a whole "new" you. You will cope with it, just fine :)